Monday, March 28, 2011

Symphony of Horrors.

Demonikas Symphony of Horrors happened this weekend in Calgary on Friday and Edmonton on Saturday. The show is in it's 6th year and better and crazier then ever. Working the show was a bit of a change for me, because a lot of the work I do tends to be more editorial and commercial and Demonikas is probably best described as a circus for grown-ups. Complete with a new kind of freak show. The set I was doing makeup on was Strategic Parapalegic, a dance number where the girls were pale and gorgeous on crutches with bruised/rotting legs. As inspiration, I was given creamy skin with doll faces and big eyes and the movie Black Swan. Here are some behind the scenes of the girls, of course once I get the pro picks I'll post them on here. To read the article about Danika (the founder) and the show from the Calgary Herald, click on the link.



Here's a pick of some of the girls from my Strategic Parapalegic number onstage during rehearsals at The Distillery in Calgary that ran in the Calgary Herald.


No comments:

Post a Comment