Thursday, March 3, 2011

A case of the blues.

I know I have mentioned my love for blue eyeshadow a few times before, but now I feel the need to share with you some reasons why. Lately, during my ongoing searches for inspiration, I've been coming across a ton of blue. From backdrops to clothing to makeup... it's everywhere! Especially for S/S 2011.
Now I know blue eyeshadow has a bit of a bad rep, and most women don't see it as sophisticated or glamorous, but there are people out there that agree with me. It's not just for the eccentrics! On the runways: Christian Dior, Prada, Oscar de la Renta... it goes on. Then there are the fashion spreads: Vogue Australia, Interview, Vogue Italia, Elle Ukraine... Here are some very lovely examples that hopefully will change your mind.


Oscar de la Renta, Christian Dior and Prada.

Grey S/S 2011.

Vogue Italia.

Vogue Australia, April 2011.

Vogue Australia, April 2011.


Interiew, March 2011.

3 comments:

  1. I love what you did for our Sam Ypma shoot with blue eyeshadow. One of the best examples! Can't wait to see the finished product!! xo

    http://becauseyoulovenicethings.blogspot.com/2010/12/minimalism.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! A little birdie told me that they should be done soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one, more inspiration posts please!

    ReplyDelete